This striking Edwardian necklace features twelve stations of natural turquoise, elegantly bracketed by rose-cut diamond foliate. The necklace culminates in a large pear shaped turquoise and diamond pendant. Currently 14.5” long but a chain extension could easily be added.
The maker’s mark “BS&F” indicates the American jeweler - Black, Starr and Frost. Located on the back of the bail.
Founded in 1810 by Isaac Marquand – Black, Starr & Frost opened as Marquand & Co. at 164 Broadway in New York City, making it the oldest continuously operating jewelry firm in the United States. At that time, two store clerks – William Black and Henry Ball – eventually joined the firm, which became Black, Ball & Company. In 1912, then named Black, Starr & Frost – their offices to the southeast corner of Fifth Avenue and 48th Street.
Metal: 14k, platinum
Measurements: 14.5” long, pendant 1.5” long x 1 1/16” wide
Turquoise: pear 18.35 mm long x 12.55 mm wide x 4.31 mm deep
12 turquoise stations: largest 12.44 mm long x 9.87 mm wide x 4.37 mm deep, smallest 11 mm long x 7.62 mm wide x 3.27 mm deep
Diamonds: 184 rose cut diamonds, range in size 1.5 mm to 3.45 mm, bright and eye clean. Mountings prohibit an accurate diamond quality and weight estimation.